Sunday, July 19, 2009

My life's journey: L.O.V.E. (Love overflowing, vehement & everlasting)


Hi Friends! Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Before I fly off to Kuching, Sarawak tomorrow, I would like share about how I came to meet my wife, and how it all came together until today, to the point that we will be married in the church and the customary Chinese wedding dinners very very soon.

I had always and still believe that, THE GREATEST


THING IN LIFE is not to be rich, not to be a somebody, not to be powerful in society, or not to have thousands of virgins (blame it on Achmed... I KILL YOU!!!) at your fingertips... but I truly believe that the greatest thing in life, is TO LOVE AND BE

LOVED IN RETURN.

And what's greater than finding the one you truly love? Marrying her :)

Of course, I do understand that, I'm just starting out, and many of those married friends of mine will tell me that:

Happiness for an hour = Get a hooker

Happiness for a year = Get married

Happiness for lifetime = Get a dog


Is it really THAT bad? I mean marriage? Yes, I have heard of divorces, I have heard of frightening fights, etc, etc... but does it need to get there? Of course, I am only at the beginning and don't have the ability to foresee what will happen to my marriage, BUT... if I do get into fights with her, if I do get into those bad stages... I will remind


myself of WHY did I marry her in the first place. I will remind

myself of WHY on the 25th of July 2009, I said

my vows in the presence of God and family and friends. I will remind myself of WHY did I go after her more than two years ago.

BECAUSE I HAD FOUND THE ONE I LOVE AND SHE LOVES ME TOO :)

BECAUSE I HAD FOUND SOMEONE I CAN ACCEPT AND FORGIVE HER SHORTFALLS AND WEAKNESSES AND MISTAKES... AND SHE DOES TOO :)

BECAUSE GOD HAD BROUGHT

US TOGETHER (I'll tell you all more about this another time)

As simple as that.

Yes, I do understand that things will get in the way, things will change over time, people change, BUT I choose NOT to change in the way I love her. Why should I, anyway? For an hour of sinful PLEASURE? For the satisfaction of being RIGHT? For the sake of upholding my stupid big EGO? For her MISTAKES?

I don't think so.

Of course, you might tell me that TALK IS CHEAP. That I might be saying all of the above now so easily, just because everything is rosie posie, lovey dovey at the moment, LOVE IS BLIND, blah blah blah... that I don't know what the future is like, that marriages should end up in bitter fights and divorce... well, I can only say that, I choose NOT to believe that, and that I choose to believe in a blissful, happy, pleasurable, satisfying and God-glorifying marriage.




IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME, WITH THE LORD'S GRACE AND STRENGTH!



As long as I play my role as the head of the household, as long as I follow after Christ in His example of how He loved the church in loving her, as long as I keep reminding myself of why did I marry her, as long as I keep forgiving her, keep accepting her, keep loving her, keep doing it again and again... IT WILL BE GREAT!

And to you faithful readers and bloggy friends of mine, if you are still following my blog many years down the road, you will be the first to know about this great marriage of mine. You will, of course, be at liberty to remind me, that on this day, this time, I said this and that on my blog... hahaha... And we shall see huh, whether talk is truly cheap, or am I really the man that I am confessing that I am here :)

Thanks for reading this friends, and thanks for being witnesses to my promises above :) You have a great week ahead now! Take care and God bless!


4 Comments:

Blogger Ron said...

Amen, brother!
You're very lucky to have found each other! As for me,I'm still looking, but I'm sure she's just around the corner ;)

Take care.

Sunday, July 19, 2009 2:26:00 PM  
Blogger Inge' said...

John,
It is so refreshing to hear of someone looking forward to getting married! I am so excited for you. I think this will be one of the greatest adventures of your life.

I think that by keeping Christ in His rightful place (first in all things), you will have a happy, fruitful, and extraordinary life together.

I look forward to reading about your adventures together.

Sunday, July 19, 2009 2:31:00 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

The big day is drawing near~! You seem to have all your priorities in the correct order where marriage is concerned. I wish you God-speed through it all.
I have only one bit of advice for you. When arguements arise, and they will, argue with respect, not raised voices or insults. Arguements are a part of life, there's no getting around them. You have to go THROUGH them and the scenery you encounter is all up to you! Marriage is always a work in progress. The more you work at it, the more pleasures you uncover. Don't forget the daily hugs either!
congratulations!

Monday, July 20, 2009 3:46:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks Ron :) Yes, I'm very sure your life partner is definitely somewhere around the corner. It's still that corner, right? LOL

Thanks Inge' :) I agree with you that this will be one of the greatest adventures of my life. And yes, we need to ensure that Christ is first in all things at all times :)

Thanks Donna :) Argue with respect - that's a tough cookie! But I will definitely work on it, like you said - W.I.P. until we R.I.P.

Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home